International Streaming Service
CircumstanceOne of the world’s most admired brands was experiencing unprecedented volume at the launch of its steaming media business. The company, which is known for incredible customer service, was not able to provide that out of the gate due to skyrocketing demand for its new product. The company was looking for a BPO partner it could entrust with its loyal customers when SSG got the call. As is often the case when opportunity strikes, the ask was not easy: Hire 100 agents capable of providing White Glove, Concierge service in 4 weeks. Coverage would be 24-7/365 so the recruits had to work Christmas and New Year’s Day too. The effort kicked off the day before Thanksgiving, after most seasonal workers had already found second jobs.
ActionNovember 2019: Support Services Group launched the recruiting effort in Waco, Texas. ✓ Recruiting stuck to a very strict Hiring Profile – agents had to be highly skilled on day one. ✓ Established a bonus program to encourage working the holidays. ✓ Built a team, culture, environment, & toolset focused on the client’s core values.
- December 2019: SSG achieved quality scores 20 points higher than incumbent vendors
- December 2019: Customer Satisfaction scores were at goal within 30 days of launch
- March 2020: Early success led to 228 FTE European expansion supporting Tier 1 escalations in German, French, Italian, Spanish, and English.
- April 2020: 25 FTE Tier 2 Escalations team added in Europe escalations in Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and English.
- April 2020: 421 FTE Seasonal team supporting Europe. Team worked out of Texas, Utah, Novia Scotia and the Dominican Republic
- April 2020: Support launches with 50 FTE
- May 2020: Novia Scotia site added for additional 30 FTE of core support
- May 2020: Social Media team launched in the US with 50 FTE
- September 2020: Chat team of 30 FTE is added in the Dominican Republic
- September 2020: Chat team of 70 FTE launched in Mexico to handle volume spike
- September 2020: Support team of 25 FTE launched in Hungary to support US overnight shifts
- September 2020: Seasonal ramp to 200 FTE begins